Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity..." --John Muir, 1898
Ok so plans change. Not going to SoCal since I will be going to Mt. Whitney next weekend and I don't get off work until midnight Thursday. Doesn't make seance since I won't really get to visit with Andy except for one day. So all that driving around with no sleep wouldn't be good.
So looks like I will run 40-60 miles Saturday on the Ohlone trail, to Rose Peak and back starting from Fremont. Jerry and I will be starting from our house at 6:30am so if anyone wants to join us we will be at the Stanford ave. parking area at 6:45am. Let me know if you want to meet. It will be a hot fun day!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Catra, I'm a big fan of your blog. I'm a local road marathoner and looking for a change. I'm not up for 40-60 mi but could I join you and Jerry for the first part of your run Sat. morning? It sounds like fun. Thanks, Chris

Catra said...

Hi Chris-
There are several of us meeting at Mission Peak stanford ave tomorrow at 6:45am so show up I'm not running fast since I am still getting my legs back from Wasatch but please come out.
Catra

Unknown said...

Hi Catra, It was great to meet you. You gave excellent directions and I made it back no problem. Thanks so much to you and your friends for letting me tag along on your run. I had a great time. Maybe we could do it again sometime. --Chris

cbailey1216@gmail.com