Thursday, July 09, 2009

Single Step

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tsu


More fun pixs from the AC course/PCT trail fun times.
This is my last big week and then it's taper time for the Tahoe rim trail 100 which is next week. The following week I will head out on the JMT to try and get the woman's unsupported record. I have to do it in under 6 days 6 hours. If I feel good it shouldn't be a problem. It's not the smartest think to do the week after a hundred but it's the only time I have to do between hundred mile races.
Even if I don't get the record I will still stay out and finish fast packing it. I just love that trail it will be the 7th time I have done the JMT.

Williamson climbing area. Williamson rock.

Just want to wish all my crossfit friends good luck at the Crossfit games this weekend. I hope it's not to hot for you there.


8 mile run today.
CROSSFT WOD
3 rounds for time of:
25-kettlebell swings
25-push-ups
25-abmat sit-ups
25- squats
my time:6:15

5 comments:

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Good luck, no that you need it, with all the miles in 6 day 6 hour time frame. Your amazing! Kick some dirt!

Drs. Cynthia and David said...

Lao Tsu is my favorite! Awesome scenery! I don't know those trails at all.

Take care of yourself in the coming weeks. I fell and bashed my knee last weekend, and even though it didn't seem like much at the time, the knee swelled up when the run was over and I can barely walk since! Be careful out there! And I know you'll have a blast (wish I was going too).

Susi said...

i am not an ultrarunner, but wow, your photos make me want to get out and run several miles on trails in the sun! good luck with your race next week and the JMT.

CoyoteGirl said...

I have a bracelet with that Lao Tsu quote. Cool.

What trail is the JMT? I'm a dork, I know.

Good luck! You'll do great. Most of all - have a GREAT time. I wish I could go with you.

Catra said...

Hey Coyotegirl your not a dork. It's the John Muir trail. It goes from Yosemite to Mt. Whitney.