Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life is an Adventure

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

Helen Keller



Fun Times out on the Ohlone trail with Jerry, Lesley, Chris, me and Mike. We all headed out for a 20+ mile run. Lesley stayed with us for 2:35 and then turned around. She is strong and I think shes ready to run a 50k in the next couple months. I will take her out on a 20 miler and 25 miler so she can feel confident for her race.
Chris is training for his first trail 100 miler, AC 100 he has a lot to learn in a short time but he will be ready with me and Mike in September.
The weather was a little odd by the time we finished it looked like it might have been raining in the south bay.
As you can see in this picture there is a reason I call Chris; Crazy Chris. He is so much fun never a dull moment. He is planning on going the last day with me on the JMT in a couple weeks. He will do Forester and Whitney passes with me. Fun times ;-)
What can I say I love my favorite tree.
The bridge in Sunol.
I meet my new East Bay regional parks police officer Janet, she is super cool. I went up to her and introduced myself as the girl who runs 100 miles out on the Ohlone trails. She said yes I know all about you, and I saw your picture in the office. Hmm...It might me be a picture of the Most wanted! No , it's of the girl who runs the most on the Ohlone trail ;-)


We all had a fun run. Now it's time for me to taper for TRT 100 which is next weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catra
Hope you have a great time on the JMT. I'm sure you're aware that no pacing is allowed in unsupported record attempts. Records are strange things and sometimes its just better to hike with friends and enjoy the wilderness.

art

Catra said...

LOL...Well it wouldn't be like he's pacing me I would be helping him.
It's all good. I will have him and anyone else meet me on top of Whitney. If they want to see me. Since that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks.
C

Anonymous said...

Catra
you are one of the strongest most determined women I have see. I have no doubt you could accomplish anything you wanted to. I only brought the pacing point up so there would be no contoversy after the fact. Trail records have become a bigger deal than they used to be. The person to contact would be Peter Bakwin. He has sort of become the trail record expert.
pbakwin@comcast.net

whatever you do, I wish you well and hope you have a great time.

art

Catra said...

Hi Art yeah I know Peter.
No worries I will be solo.

I have been doing stuff like this for a long time. All the solo hundreds and stuff. And really the only people that care are your close friends and maybe family. It's just a fact.

I just do it cuz I want to that's all. In the end I love being out alone in the wilderness ;-) That's where I truly find myself.
Thanks for the post.
But first up is Tahoe rim trail 100 miler next week. Then 5 days later 212.
C