Saturday, February 21, 2009

Embrace the New

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen

We had a blast on our 60 mile run along the Ohlone. The weather was beautiful and it was great just to be doing what we love so much.
We started at 6:20am from Jerry's we were planning on going 64 miles but things can change during a training which is fine. We all ran out of food.
I forgot my snack bag, I had all my shot bloks and gels in there. I ended up only taking 3 packs of shot bloks and two gels and some corn chips. Not enough for being out 18 hours.
click to view
Jerry planned on meeting up with us but he started late..He finally caught us near Johnny's pond in Del Valle. I was Lucky he came out because he shared his supplies with me. We decided to try running some trails off the beaten path. Joe didn't want to go down to Del Valle. Well Mylinh was worried about him not making it back out. So we went on an adventure.
There was still snow left up there from last weekends storm.



Jerry and I left Mylinh and Joe at Rose peak ,we planned on waiting for them along the way. We got pretty far ahead and I thought we could wait in the bathroom in Sunol. It got cold, so we climbed out up to the road to wait.
We could see their headlights off in the distance so waited to regroup. We all headed to mission Peak together.
Mylinh and Joe headed stright down, while me and Jerry started up the Peak
. I had told Jerry earlier of headless chicken bodies and blooded shirts and feathers in the Mission Peak area that I saw Thursday. It looked to me like a ritual was preformed in the spot.

As we headed up the peak there was a weird and erie feeling..There was someone shinning a spot light on us. It was very strange. We kinda got a little freaked so headed down. All the way down the peak we could see this light. When we arrived at the parking lot there were no cars. I thought who the heck was up there in the cold for that hour shinning that light. We felt better about just heading down. We ran to Jerry's house and along the way, there was a man at 1am out walking his dogs. I thought that was strange too...We were happy to make it back to his house. I ended up having to drive him to his car which was parked near Sunol at 2pm. I was home and in bed by 3am.
I had a blast..I am feeling really good about running Coyote two moons 100. Just a couple more training weeks left.

6 comments:

mrjwhit~ said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Stefanie said...

I am loving the new collages that you have been posting!!!

Shannon said...

Wow, awesome experience. I would be a little wigged out by the light and headless chickens.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and the quotes that you post really do appeal to me. I am very curious to know if there are any entries about your start into running and getting into such amazing shape.
I really look forward to reading more and being more and more inspired.
You are truly amazing and your love of life is so uplifting

Anonymous said...

Hi Catra,

Eerie about those happenings at Mission Peak. I wonder what that was all about. Well, I am glad you had a running buddy at night and that you were safe. Be careful out there.

Happy trails!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Catra, I love your blog. Especially the great pictures you get. I just found out about shot blocks and I'm loving them! Stay safe on those trails, girlie.